Five (5) Best Tips on How to Use Onion for Better Hair Growth
Onion is a magical plant. This vegetable is not only great for your overall body health but also can work well for your hair. Learn how to use onion for hair growth, and you will explore all the awesome benefits of onions.
ONION BENEFITS FOR HAIR
How safe is it to use onion juice for hair? Are there any advantages of this method? Has it helped anyone to add some health to his or her hair?
Each of us has to trim hair periodically. It is a good way to make it healthier and help it grow faster. When your hair becomes sick, it stops growing, becomes extremely thin and you start to notice suddenly that you keep losing it. The curing methods and home remedies can take a lot of your time and you should be patient and search for different working solutions.
Is onion good for hair growth? Let us look at the positive effect it offers in real life:
- Healthier follicles – human hair that loses its shine and brightness has ill follicles. Onions contain many useful elements, including sulfur which is important for regenerating follicles and bringing life and power into them.
- Stronger hair – when your follicles and hair are enriched with sulfur, your hair would become much stronger. Using onions for treating it can minimize the breaks and solve the thinning problem.
- Graying delay – because onions are rich on antioxidants, you can achieve a nice and healthier effect if you use its juice for your hair treatment. Regular procedures can even help to delay the graying age problems.
- Dandruff treatment – different vegetables, including onions, are capable of helping our bodies to fight bacteria. The antibacterial properties of onion masks and juice can make human scalp healthier and, as a result, you will get rid of the dandruff issue.
- Improved growth – antioxidants’ level grows when you treat your hair with onion vitamins, and the growing cycle can be optimized with time and hair growth improves if you continue regular treatment procedures.
HOW TO PREPARE ONION FOR HAIR GROWTH
There are multiple recipes for making onion juice for your hair. We would love to share some of the most interesting ‘how to prepare’ tips and you can test them all and choose the methods that work the best for you.
1. MAKING ONION JUICE FOR HAIR
To enjoy the amazing onion benefits for hair, you can do the simplest thing of all. Here is the recipe:
- Take 2-3 medium-size onions. Wash a knife and cut each bulb into several parts (water helps to prevent tears).
- Use a blender. Place the pieces inside and grind them into juice.
- Place the blended onions into a bowl and pour in some water.
- Take another bowl and a piece of cloth. You need to filter onion juice and get rid of vegetable pieces.
- Your onion juice is ready for hair treatment.
2. ONIONS + OLIVE OIL
Everybody knows how great oil is for skin, nails and hair. Making the masks with onions and olive oil can be beneficial for faster hair growth. Here is the quick recipe:
- You need a bowl, where you should add three tablespoons of raw onion juice.
- Mix it with 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- The mixture is ready to be used on your hair and scalp.
3. ONIONS + HONEY
You can enhance the effect of raw onions by adding some honey. Here is how it works:
- Make raw onion juice. 0.25 of a cup would be enough.
- Add one tablespoon of honey into onion juice.
- Mix everything really well and apply.
4. ONIONS + YOGURT
We do not talk about fruit yogurt sold in the market. You need fresh natural yogurt without any fruits and mixtures. Here is what to do:
- We will be using a bowl. Pour in some juice from raw onions into it.
- Add 2 tablespoon of plain homemade yogurt into the bowl.
- Mix them together, creating a mask for using on your hair.
5. ONIONS + CURRY LEAVES
When you combine several useful ingredients, you receive a healthy mixture that is rich in vitamins. Learn what you can do:
- Wash several curry leaves and place them into a blender or cut into tiny pieces before blending.
- Add the leaf paste into a bowl. Pour in 2 tablespoons of raw onion juice into it.
- Mix the two ingredients really well before applying this natural and useful paste into your hair roots and scalp.
HOW TO USE ONION JUICE FOR HAIR GROWTH
The application of different onion masks is easy:
- You can apply this mask on top of your head (make sure you massage the juice into your scalp) and leave like this for 10-20 minutes.
- Use shampoo to wash onions off and remove the strong smell. Remember that your scalp will become healthier, stronger and you would grow hair with onion.
How often are onion masks needed? Try to do this at least once a week for 2-3 months in a row, and you will see amazing results.
Some tips to consider:
- Apply only juice or paste with onions that have no pieces.
- Wash the onion masks with milk shampoo and use hair conditioner afterwards.
- Do not apply onion juice/paste at once if this is the first time you are preparing this mixture (do some tests beforehand and see how your head reacts).
- If you are afraid of the strong onion smell, you can add some vital oils with the scent you love into your mixtures.
- Do not live oil masks overnight because this could irritate your scalp skin and lead to negative impact instead of benefits.
- If you see no positive effect in hair growth after applying masks for up to 3 months, it is better to stop this home treatment and talk to your doctor.
- It is better if you prepare fresh onion juice for each new mask (if you freeze this juice, it could lose its healthy properties).
- If your regular shampoo doesn’t completely remove the onion smell from your hair, you are advised to switch to shampoos with a citrus-fruit base or apply rosemary-water or lemon-water mixture to rinse your hair after washing.
The guides on how to grow hair with onion are simple to follow. You will have to rely on time, stay patient, and add products and methods that would stimulate faster growth in your everyday life. Boosting your body cells and elements to grow quicker should also influence the volume of your hair, making it stronger, puffier, thicker, and much prettier. It is incredible that the regular kitchen staple can be so helpful for your hair as well. Such home-based hair-loss remedy can do miracles