Nigeria Oil Block and oil well owners…
You have already known by now that Nigeria is a petroleum-producing country and there are many oil blocks awarded to certain people who own a share of the oil blocks or oil wells by proving that they can meet certain conditions.
Little is known about the oil well owners in Nigeria and sometimes what is thought of as facts and true are actually outright misinformation. There are certain conditions to be met before being awarded an oil well. Some persons just work with these oil wells to manage them but do not own them in anyway.
Nigeria Oil Block and oil well owners
In this article we would be revealing the full list of oil block and oil well owners in Nigeria. Before we go further, let’s explain what oil blocks and oil wells are.
What are Oil Blocks and Oil Wells?
An oil block or an oil field is a place with an abundance of oil pockets called oil wells which contains crude oil or petroleum which can be drilled and extracted and which is below the earth’s surface. It could be on land or a little below water level and could be as deep and hundreds of kilometers into the earth’s surface, across and with the oil wells numbering into many. While;
An oil well is basically a pocket of oil in below the earth’s surface which contain crude oil or petroleum which is significant enough to be extracted or drilled. There are 3 types of oil wells which are:
- Crude oil producing oil wells;
- Natural gas producing oil well and;
- Natural gas and crude oil producing oil wells
How the Federal Government of Nigeria Awards Oil Blocks and Oil Wells.
As stated above, there are many controversies and misinformation when it comes to how oil blocks and oil wells are awarded. In recent years, the Federal Government through the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, made public statements to clarify this.
READ ALSO – BREAKING!!! Nigeria’s Oil Production Falls From 2 Million Barrels Per Day To 1.2 Million
The DPR stated that oil blocks and oil wells are awarded based on the bids made by interested persons that are being considered by the DPR and qualified persons awarded the oil blocks and oil wells. It was revealed that Nigerians own 52 percent of the oil blocs in Nigeria. Foreign petroleum companies own the remaining 48 percent of the oil blocs. It was also revealed that there are 173 active oil blocs in Nigeria. In total, there are 388 oil blocs in Nigeria.
List of Active Oil Fields in Nigeria.
- Asuokpu/Umutu field owned by Platform Petroleum
- Ibigwe field by Walter Smith and Morris Petroleum
- Uquo field by Frontier Oil
- Ajapa field – Britania-U
- Umusadege field by Midwestern Oil and Gas, and Suntrust Obodogwa/Obodeti field by Pillar Oil
Full List of Oil Block and Oil Well Owners in Nigeria.
- General Theophilus Danjuma chairs the board of SAPETRO who are the owners of OPL 246
- Colonel Sanni Bello chairs the board of International Petroleum Development Company who are the owners of NOML 112 and OML 177
- Alhaji Mohammed Ludimi owns OML 115
- Alhaji W.I. Folawiyo chairs the board of Yinka Folawiyo LTD who are the owners of OML 113
- Alhaji Aminu Cantata chairs the board of Express Petroleum Company Limited who are the owners of OML 108
- Alhaji Sela Mohammed Gambo chairs the board of Nor East Petroleum Limited who are the owners of OML 215
- Prince Nasiru Ado Bayero chairs the board of Seppat Petroleum Limited who are the owners of ASUOKPU/UMUTU
- Alhaji Mai Daribo owns OML 110
- Rilwan Lukman chairs the board of AMNI who are the owners of OML 112 and OML 117
- Atiku Abubakar, Yar’ Adua and Bayero own Intels Petroleum which has many stakes
- Dan Etete chairs the board of Malibu Oil and Gas Company who are the owners of OPL 245
- Peter Odili chairs the board of RivGas Oil and Gas Company who are the owners of OPL 289 and OPL 233
- Andy Uba chairs the board of Focus Energy who are the owners of OPL 248
- Emeka Offor has a stake in Starcrest Energy Nigeria Limited managers of OPL 291
- Mike Adenuga Chairs the board of Conoil which owns 6 oil blocks
- Alfred James Petroleum are the owners of OPL 302 along with the Sijiuade family, Femisola Awosika and A.O. Adeyinka
- Ibrahim Bunu chairs the board of Optimum Petroleum owners OPL 310
- O. Udoji chairs the board of 2 Soglas Nigeria Limited owners OPL 226
- Saleh Jambo chairs the board of 2 North East Petroleum owners OPL 215
- Sanni Bello owns a stake in OPL 112 and OPL 117
- Aminu Alhassan dantata chairs the board of Express Petroleum Committee owners OPL 108 and OPL 227
- Arthur Eze chairs the board of Atlas Petroleum Intl. Limited owners OPL 109
- K.O Abiola chairs the board of Summit Oil owners OPL 205 and OPL 206
- Mohammed Indimi chairs the board of Oriental Energy Resources owners of OPL 115
- Kase Lawal chairs the board of Allied Energy Resources Big Limited owners OPL 120 & 121
- A. Olukun chairs the board of Summit Oil owners OPL 122
- David Richards along with 3 others chair the board of Niger Delta Western owners OPL 34
- Ibukun Olawepo, Rachel Akintola and others run Oil World owners of OPL 241
- B.C Orjiako chairs the board of Zebbra Energy Limited who are the owners of OPL 248
- Reggie Uduhim chairs the board of Oil and Gas Limited who are the owners of OPL 249
- B. Lulu Briggs owns OPL 114, OPL 231, OPL 234, and OPL 239
- Mai Derive chairs the board of Cavendish Petroleum Big Ltd owners of OPL 110
- Module Alakija chairs the board of Famta Oil Limited owners of OPL 216
- Said Kuashi chairs the board of Crown Well Petroleum owners of OPL 226
- Appia Korang, A. Peppe, Oba Gbadebo, O.A Kpata, O. Adeyemo, M.O Osunsanya, O. Boyo, J.A Tinubu chair the board of Oando owners of OPL 278, 236
- Onoh Anthony and others such as , Onoh Christiana, Onoh Ngozi, George Udoekong, Nwauche Erastus chair the board of Eurafric Energy Limited Dawes Island owners of OML 54
- Unejei T, Akinro C.A along with others chair the board of Bicta Energy
- Ewendu Chidi along with others chair the board of Platform Petroleum Limited owners of OML 38
- Du- Frayed along with others such as Baba Lawal, Cole Tonye, Odunsi Ade, Adeniji Titi, Akinla Ladipo, Bentley John, Ciroma Musa chair the board of Sahara Energy & African Oil Ltd owners of OML 40 oil well.
- Fatona Layi along with others such as Aret Adams, Uduimp Itsueli, Sammy Olagbaju, David Richard, Udi Ibru chair the board of Niger Delta Company owners of OML 54
- Macpepple Victoria along with family members such as MacPepple Henry, Macpepple Joy, MacPepple Emmanuel, MacPepple Elfrida manage Prime Petr. Ltd & Suffolk Petroleum manages OML 11
- Usman Danburran and along with Alhaji Indimi chair the board of Oriental Energy owners of OML 67
- Nwauche Erastus along with others such as Onoh Anthony, Onoh Christiana, Onoh Ngozi, George Udoekong manage the board of Eurafric Energy Limited Dawes Island owners of OML 54
- Aliyu Abubakar along with others such as Brigidi David, Alamieyesheiga Anitonbrapa, Ifimaim Ekine, Jonathan Selereipre, Enddeley Francis, Chinwetelu Chris, Williams E.J chairs the board of Bayelsa Oil Company Ayala owners of OML 46.
Nigeria Oil Block and oil well owners
Have your say on this in the comment section below and don’t forget to click the share button.